WAPT Jackson, MS

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 16:24:19 EST 2006

If anyone has gone to see the great social commentary, "Borat," you
will notice that there is footage from a newscast on WAPT Jackson, MS.
(Coincidentally, this is another Hearst-Argyle station, so you'll get
the Channel 5 theme music as well, but I digress.) The footage is not
mocked up for the film; it's straight from a 2005 newscast. This link
provides a little more background on the stunt:
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061106/FEAT05/611060303.

My question: Has any other TV station been "had" in such a manner
before? Other than the Opie and Anthony guys floating in the back of
NYC live shots, of course.