WKLB announcement?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Sat Nov 11 17:57:14 EST 2006

<<On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:29:57 -0500, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> I also can't imagine the FCC knowingly allowing the DT and TV
> suffixes to be appended to the identical "base" calls if the stations aren't
> commonly owned and in the same market.

Which is one reason why there isn't a separate "DT" suffix.  (People
have claimed otherwise, but I've scoured the rules, and although there
are "LD" and "CD" suffixes, there's no "DT" -- and can't be, because
DTVs are part of the same license as the analogue stations they are
the companions to.)

> But isn't there at least one more broadcast suffix--CA? What's that
> all about?

"Class A TV" -- basically a jumped-up LPTV that's considered a primary
service.

-GAWollman