WCRB/WKLB switch Dec 1?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 03:17:38 EST 2006

> Well, for what it's worth, I've been listening to WKLB-FM for the
> past hour and a half, and I haven't heard a single mention of the
> move.  I wonder whether WKLB is actually what Greater Media is going
> to do with 102.5.

I have...

--"Coming soon, there will be big changes coming to WKLB--details coming soon"

--"Soon we'll be changing the way you hear WKLB"

Their nighttime DJ mentioned their website, especially the merchandise for sale,
and said "these will soon be collector's items". Meaning they have the old
freq on them (T-shirts, etc.)! Still no mention of the freq switch on
either station's
site.

Am sure they'll emphasize people can get their site at wklb.com and surely even
after the switch, they will have country995.com re-direct to the wklb.com page.
I think star937.com was redirected to the new "Mike" site for a time...

I'm sure they'll keep it country--I don't know about the 25-54
numbers, but in the
12 + ratings WKLB does very strong. In fact in that category among the
Greater Media
stations in town, it is second only to WMJX, and ranks above WTKK, WROR,
and WBOS.