Election coverage review

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Nov 9 12:17:28 EST 2006

At 11:41 AM 11/9/2006, John Bolduc wrote:

> > I noticed that too, but there were damn few radio stations covering
> > any election news at all.

Interestingly, Air America Radio had wall to wall election coverage
with some excellent pundits from the left.  Rachel Maddow and David
Bender anchored.  Alas, the poor night signal in Boston hurt them, so
I doubt that anyone on our list spent much time listening-- I checked
them out on the internet a couple of times, and whether you like AAR
or not, I found their coverage to be very professional.

That said, the media critics seem to have been impressed with the duo
of Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. Fox and CNN were neck
and neck in the cable ratings, but MSNBC's numbers were up over 200%
(!) from last time they covered an election. Overall, ABC was the
clear ratings winner.