depetro comments

Don A. Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 13:58:10 EST 2006

From: "Garrett Wollman"

> I wonder, on the other hand, why the complainers think it's legitimate
> to have a "debate" that doesn't involve all the candidates on the
> ballot.

They are put together and hosted by private groups (AARP, Etc.)...not by the
government.

If my group was say, the "NRA" and hosting a debate...and 2 candidates were
for banning ALL guns (and two were not).

I would think my membership is deciding between the two that would not.

Would it make sense to invite the 2 that have no chance of winning my
constitutants votes?

Whoever is hosting the event has a right to decide who they want to invite.