DePetro fired...

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Nov 4 22:03:34 EST 2006

>it was said--
>
>If Grace Ross really wanted to show "GRACEiousness" and "class" she
>could have publicly called for DePetro not be fired, but simply disciplined.
>She might have gotten a little more respect from John (maybe?!).  But,
>I'm sure she's reveling in silencing a perceived enemy.

Umm, who (or whom) did she silence?  DePetro was fired before they
even got a second set of comments from her.  Her first comment was
very mild and non-commital.  She didn't get into 'giving a speech'
mode till much later.

Also, I find this entire thing really bizarre.  I am not a fan of
hate-speech by anyone, right wing or left wing, and although most of
what's on WRKO is from the right, it's pretty consistent.  So getting
rid of DePetro when others on the station say similar things just
mystifies me.  I wish there were some standard of what is crossing
the line.  I wish I knew what the line is.  I wonder if there's more
to this story than meets the eye-- maybe they had wanted to get rid
of him, as somebody suggested earlier, and this just gave them an
excuse.  But it wasn't Grace Ross's doing.