DePetro fired...

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Nov 3 20:52:53 EST 2006

On Friday, November 03, 2006, at 08:16PM, "Daniel Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> wrote:

>The woman in question is not skinny and she is openly homosexual.
>
>I don't see name calling adding anything to the debate, but his remark
>hardly seems like a firing offense when it was not really inaccurate and
>said about a politician.

I think it's a matter of context.  If he referred to the other candidates by their names and then said "and the fat lesbian's position on that issue is xxxxxx", it would be obvious that it was intended as an insult.  I didn't hear it nor see a transcript so I can't say for sure.

It always seems though that when a talk host gets fired for such an infraction, he most always winds up with a better gig in a bigger market.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH