DePetro fired...

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:59:11 EST 2006

On 11/3/06, Don A. <Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think it was the "fat" comment...as much as it was the "lesbian"
> comment.

(snip)
> Add to that the fact that his ratings are invisible...and WRKO would like to
> save money....

Could be. Which is why I wonder if they'll go to Glenn Beck (syndie),
though then again
they'd prob. want to keep it local.  But the fact that 'RKO doesn't
want to offend
listeners, sponsors, and certainly the Sox and Celts figures into it.

An ad sister station WEEI runs in papers shows the "desktop" of Larry Lucchino
of the Red Sox, and apparently a note is being written to Jason Wolfe:
"I thought
you were going to control these guys (Dennis and Callahan)..." That
connection...
(wouldn't want to make the Sox look bad, since 'RKO will be their flagship and
people might complain to the folks on Yawkey Way about what's going on
at Guest St.)...