Spring Arbs Shockers

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat May 27 12:19:56 EDT 2006

On 26 May 2006 at 10:16, Doug Drown wrote:

> Steve,
> I think everything you've said makes sense.  Ask any kid nowadays
> whether he/she listens to AM.  They barely know what AM is.

Which makes me wonder why Radio Disney keeps going.  What is its
audience?

> Canada has been slowly doing away with AM radio for twenty years now.
> By and large, the only stations still hanging on and doing reasonably
> well are old, established niche stations, talk/news outlets, and a
> handful of remaining CBC stations that haven't yet converted to FM.

Except there have been some new stations taking over some of the old
converted CBC stations.  For example, a new station doing beautiful
music has taken over the old CBL transmitter, and it signal competes
at night with WJIB.

Interestingly enough, it was because of CBL that I discovered WJIB.
I had a button on my car radio set for 740 because I liked to listen
to the CBC news at night.  As a result, I occasionally would check to
see what was going on with WCAS and its later incarnations and
eventually discovered Bob's WWEA and WJIB.  And it was while I was
waiting to pick up my sister's kids at Hebrew School one Sunday that
I discovered Let's Talk About Radio.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581