Spring Arbs Shockers

R Trovato xtrovato@yahoo.com
Fri May 26 02:20:56 EDT 2006

> Just to kill my curiosity...
>
> Does a station need to have subscribed to the service to be listed in the
> "open" 12+ Arb ratings?

To be simply listed?  No.

However, to have their own copy....and to be able to provide and quote those
numbers to advertisers?  Yes.

The most recent book I have near my desk is 2005.

It shows that these stations did NOT subscribe to Arbitron:

WAMG
WJIB
WKOX
WLLH
WPLM
WVFM
WOKQ
WXLO
WZID
WCTK

All have some showing in the book, but none subscribe.

Mostly due to the fact that the most (if not all) of their advertising
income comes from local clients who do not care about the ratings.  (And the
fact that their showing is so miniscule, it wouldn't be of any use to them
in selling spots.)

I wonder if Jib-guy can tell us what it would cost a very small station to
subscribe?