WCRB-TV

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu May 18 00:14:34 EDT 2006

A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> On 17 May 2006 at 20:24, Doug Drown wrote:
>
>> The idea is really intriguing, but my question is --- excuse my
>> ignorance --- just what would they broadcast?  Are there enough tapes
>> of recorded concerts and recitals to fill a day-in, day-out, 24/7/365
>> schedule? To my knowledge, the classical music world doesn't have
>> anything comparable to music videos a la MTV or VH1 . . . at least not
>> much.  And telecasting live concerts ain't cheap.
>
> Well, it WAS meant to be a joke.
>
> I'm not sure who would watch it.

There is actually a network called "ARTS" that provides a 24-hour
service of clips of classical performances, operas and such. It's all
public-domain material, much of it either European or very old (or
both), and is carried late at night by some public TV stations and on
some cable-access channels.