Shop at Home TV is going dark - what becomes of WMFP and WSAH?

Doug Bassett hinsdalien@yahoo.com
Wed May 17 00:49:03 EDT 2006

--- Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Is WTBS Channel 17 in Atlanta, from which TBS
> Superstation evolved, still
> operating as a separate entity?
> I know WGN-TV 9 in Chicago has partially separate
> programming from its
> national counterpart.
>
> -Doug

My local cable system caries WGN, and I enjoy watching
the evening news from the Windy City on (rare)
occasion.  If I stay up late enough I can also check
out what's happening in So-Cal on KTLA (more likely,
given the infant's feeding schedule).  Dunno if either
feed I get is different than what the locals get...I'm
assuming not (at least in the case of KTLA), given the
nature of the advertising.  I'm probably not going to
visit my So-Cal Toyota dealer anytime soon, though the
folks at KTLA seem to think it might be a nice idea
for me to.  I thank them (or whoever it is) for paying
for the closed captioning, so I can read what I'm
supposed to be hearing over the din of a two moth old
child who doesn't want his diaper changed (but
DEFINATELY needs it).  AFAIK WTBS the Superstation and
WTBS the Atlanta-station are two separate broadcast
entities.

As an aside, how common is it west of the Mississippi
(i.e. in K-land) to drop the first letter of the
calls?  "'TLA" vs. "KTLA:..."'PIX" vs. "WPIX", etc.  I
know that dropping the "W" eliminates three syllables,
vs. just one for  the "K".

There ya go.  My first post on b-r-i in quite a long
while.  (always a faithful reader:)

Doug "Brigham" Bassett
Dummerston, Vt.
(Middays @ WTSA-FM...adjusting to fatherhood in all