Clear Channel & HD Radio

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sun May 14 02:39:43 EDT 2006

Its no secret that Clear Channel is very aggressively pushing HD radio.
They're also now pushing their "HD2" channels.  To that end, their
streaming all of them that are currently on the air.  You can check them
out at:

www.clearchannelmusic.com

I've been listening to the AC station out of Witchita KS(KRBB-FM B-98
"The Right Mix")  on their HD-2 station which is (allegedly) NAC since
about 9:30AM Saturday.  While its billed as  a "Smooth  Jazz" station
its got  loads of AC mixed in with it.  Kind of like a bad marriage
between Magic and WSJZ.  My wife likes it.  I think that the AC makes it
unlistenable.

Interestingly, the online version of RDS doesn't work with their
player.  That is to say, the songs are being played blind with no
title/artist info.  The station is jockless with the exception of a
sweeper that plays every 15 or so.  No actual station ID given.

Right now:

Philippe Saisse - Do It Again (cover of Steely Dan song) - NAC
Phil Collins - Everyday? - (some kind of AC vocal drek) AC Vocal
Dave Brubeck - Take Five
Some Rose Royce Clone - Wishing on A Star - AC Vocal
A smooth jazz piece that I know but don't know the name
George Michael - Hairless Sister, err, Careless Whisper - AC Vocal

I think that this is what you get when you allow an AC programmer to
program a NAC station...

Slightly earlier:
Luther Vandross - Dance with my Father - AC Vocal

--
Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.