WLYN simulcasting WZRC New York

markwa1ion@aol.com markwa1ion@aol.com
Fri May 12 14:59:13 EDT 2006

At Brewster, MA on the Cape, V-Soft gives Lynn's little 700 watts a
1.58 mV/m versus only 1.14 mV/m for 50 kW WWZN-1510 (day).  WEEI-850,
also with 50 gallons, only does 2.36 mV, not a whole lot better than
WLYN.

With the directional antenna (Flag) I use here in Billerica, the WLYN
76 watt night signal is usually tops on 1360.  Now that Bathurst, New
Brunswick (CKBC) is gone, the interference WLYN takes is either from
whatever WDRC signal leaks through from the back of my cardioid antenna
system or, quite often, WLYN is dogged by a hefty 1 kHz heterodyne from
the big Spain station on 1359, basically on the same easterly bearing
as Lynn.

Mark Connelly - Billerica, MA

<<
WLYN's 700 watt day signal comes in quite well in Boston
proper. It comes over mostly salt water from the North
Shore just ten miles from downtown Boston. It's obviously
not a powerhouse signal, but it's very listenable in the
city and the immediate Boston metro, and it also hits the
coast of the South Shore well.

It weakens as you travel inland, but still can be heard
to Route 128 and a lot farther in some areas depending
on conditions.

WLYN's 76 watt mono night signal becomes very weak south
of the Tobin Bridge. It can be heard faintly in Boston,
but with a lot of background noise from WDRC Hartford and
other co-channels in the Northeast which may drown it out
on nights with strong skywave.

Eli Polonsky