WWZN and Kinstar antennas

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed May 10 02:27:56 EDT 2006

--- Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> The issue of 1510's NIF is an interesting one, too. 1510 is
> actually one of - if not THE - cleanest channels on the AM dial
> at night.

1510 itself may be fairly clean, but the frequency here in the
greater Boston area suffers from very strong first adjacent
skywave interference at night from 1500 in Washington DC
and 1520 in Buffalo NY. Those two used to practically drown
out the old WMEX from both sides at night where I grew up in
Newton, less than ten miles west of Boston.

If you get out from WWZN's prime signal direction at night,
it's the first adjacent channel interference and heterodynes
that make it unlistenable more than any co-channel stations.

EP