'RKO announces Sox deal official

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:22:42 EDT 2006

DePetro was mentioning it this morning as he talked to Sox
Chief Oper. officer Mike Dee. The WRKO website now has the official
announcement:

http://wrko.com/Article.asp?PT=Top%20Story&id=212257

"We are pleased that we can move our radio broadcasts to a 50,000-watt
station with an excellent signal pattern, one that was the radio home
of the Red Sox for twelve years," (Sox CEO Larry) Lucchino said"

(...excellent signal except to the west, but maybe WAAF can
fix that)

"We look forward to building a stronger network of affiliated stations
throughout New England" (Dee)

So, what becomes of Taste of Boston?

I think if they really want to keep Taste around for awhile, it's safe
until next spring when Sox start on 680. They could keep it up w/
Celtics (assuming Celts don't move totally to 850) and TOB, since
Celts aren't on virtually every weeknight--maybe 2 or 3 weeknights per
week. But the Sox ARE on just about every weeknight (maybe 2 days off
per month!)...

I'm guessing they'll keep Savage where he is and, after the post game
show, say, "Now, you can talk about tonight's game--over on AM 850".
OR will they do a post game _Sox talk_ show  on 680?