WMEX 50 KW DA days

Cohasset / Hippisley cohasset@frontiernet.net
Sun May 7 09:32:59 EDT 2006

Thanks to all for the retrospectives and nostalgia relating to WMEX.
While I was at MIT it was one of two "consistent" Top 40 stations (the
other being WCOP) that I listened to.   Unlike WCOP, it was often quite
usable in Central NY at night, frequently comparable to WKBW in
strength, for connecting with Boston while I was home for breaks or
summer vacations.

Ah, the good old days of Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg....

And to this day I occasionally catch myself quietly singing along to the
Adventure Car Hop mantra -- "Out on Route 1 in Saugus, come dressed just
as you are....Adventure Car Hop is the place to go, where you never get
out of your car."

Sigh....

Bud Hippisley