WHOM question

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Sat May 6 08:43:05 EDT 2006

WHOM on Mount Washington touts itself as having New England's most powerful
FM signal.  I know that's doubtless true in terms of its coverage area,
despite the fact that there are quite a few 100-kw FM stations out there.
But the station used to claim that it had the most powerful FM signal in
North America.  (I don't know whether it still does.)  Is that a stretch?
It can be picked up all the way from Bucksport to Saratoga Springs and from
Sherbrooke to Lowell.  That's a mighty big area.

-Doug