"BRW says it's a done deal"?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat May 6 04:20:58 EDT 2006

More details via Sat. Herald

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articl eid=138137

"The deal had not been completed last night. Both the Sox and Entercom
were hammering away at details.

"'The Red Sox and Entercom engaged in productive discussions today
regarding a radio contract,' the two sides said in a joint statement.
'They are now in the process of clarifying issues and memorializing
understandings reached.'

"Still, in an another twist to an unusual deal, Entercom is expected
to move the Sox lineup from WEEI-AM (850) to sister station WRKO-AM
(680) under the new contract. Both are part of the same corporate
radio empire. The move will put the Red Sox on a stronger signal, but
not nearly as clear as WBOS-FM (92.9) would have provided, said Scott
Fybush, editor of NorthEast Radio Watch."