Soxless Boss

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri May 5 19:14:19 EDT 2006

>>I just wish the FCC didn't feel like it had to protect whatever
Canadian 850 AM station its protecting with WEEI's massively curtailed
night pattern.<<

You can believe me when I say that we wish it too, but it's hardly a
"feeling."  It's a matter of:

--a treaty to which the United States is a signatory, and
--the fact that all Canadian AM's, even those which are permanently
silent, are still "notified" to the NARBA countries, which means that
the allocations must by the terms of the treaty be protected.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379