Herald Inside Track: Might Sox buy 99.5?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu Mar 16 17:08:41 EST 2006

<<On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:25:43 -0500, "R Trovato" <xtrovato@yahoo.com> said:

> It is certainly audible at Fenway.  I drive by there into the Longwood area
> every day and can pick up WPLM and WKLB easily.

A car radio is far, far better than anything portable, particularly on
FM.  The RF off the Pru is more than enough to blow away the front end
of any Walkman or similar personal radio (and Sony in particular
builds "barn door" FM front ends).  That was true even before Greater
moved four new stations up there -- I remember the first time I went
to the Fourth of July concert, about a decade ago, and struggled to
find a seating position in which I could hear WCRB.

-GAWollman