Pet Peeves

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Mar 11 16:29:45 EST 2006

Pet peeves?  Mine is "here's the forecast for your Thursday".

Huh?  MY Thursday?  I didn't know I owned a day.  Why don't they just
say "here's the forecast for Thursday"?  The "my" is superfluous and
annoying.

The Weather Channel uses this a lot.

Another pet peeve is the abundance of winter weather haters on the
air.  Sometimes even the weather person gets involved in the "wow
this sure has been a terrible winter" or "can't wait till spring"
crap.  It's especially annoying this year when there hasn't been much
of a winter--they're still complaining about it even though January
was the warmest on record and the rest of the winter hasn't been much
better.

Paul