Transcription record question

John J. Francini francini@mac.com
Tue Mar 7 10:16:22 EST 2006

But if it really is a 16" transcription record he's trying to play,
the laser player won't work.  He'll need a transcription turntable,
such as the KAB Transcriber II described on the www.kabusa.com site.
Equipped with a 16" platter, and also featuring a built-in preamp,
it's a bit pricey at $529.  However, it might do the job.

One thing about the preamp -- if I recall correctly, the RIAA
equalization curve was developed for the LP record; there were either
different curves (or none at all) for other record types. It's
unclear if the included preamp includes switchable equalization
curves.

john

--
----