WBOQ reach into Boston

Howard Glazer hmglaz@webtv.net
Wed Jun 21 01:07:14 EDT 2006

Peter Q. George wrote:

>As for WBOQ, I truly enjoy the oldies
> format they run presently. It's a great
> alternative to Oldies 103.3 as they play
> more of the deeper cuts that WODS
> would never play. I'm sure that "North
> Shore 104.9" has a substantial
> following, North of Boston. It covers
> many sections of the South of Boston
> area quite comfortably, as well.

I'm a WBOQ fan, too, it being my station of choice when visiting family
in Swampscott. It plays many of the "deeper" oldies that I enjoy back
here in Connecticut on WDRC-FM, although, as a gold=based AC rather than
an oldies or classic hits station, it shies away from anything that
rocks too hard.

I can get WBOQ from Swampscott all the way to Union, Conn., on my car
radio. The signal gets flaky past Framingham and drops out at times in
the Grafton/Oxford area, but I was listening to it just fine in the
Charlton service area parking lot on the Mass Pike yesterday. The signal
was still there along I'-84 until the long downgrade just past the
Connecticut line, after which there's nothing to be heard on 104.9 until
WihS Middletown starts to come in around Mansfield.

Howard