Austin Of Boston Has Passed

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Mon Jun 5 21:13:28 EDT 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 7:07 PM, Mark Watson wrote:

> Former Oldies 103.3 morning host Austin of Boston passed away
> Sunday June 4th. Austin (real name Malcolm Soll) also used the air
> name Austin Davis when he co-hosted mornings on WSRS Worcester
> after leaving WODS. Most recently, Austin had been doing some
> weekend & fill ins at WROR.
>
> He was only 56, much too young. May he rest in peace.

I worked with Malcolm at WTXL West Springfield in 1975, succeeding
him as Program Director when he went back to Long Island.  I was so
used to him being Malcolm Davis, it was always odd hearing him as
"Austin" in Boston and Worcester.  I forgot his real last name, as he
always used Malcolm Davis at WBAB Babylon NY too.

Malcolm was one of the nicest guys I ever worked with.  He was smart
and knew what he was doing, yet had an easy-going personality that
you couldn't help but like.

I'm shocked he is gone.  Does anyone know of funeral arrangements?

Paul