Worcester's Channel 5 allocation (was Re: MyTV joins MyNetwork)

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Mon Jul 24 11:37:05 EDT 2006

At 09:43 AM 7/24/2006 7/24/2006, Tony Abruzzese wrote:
>On 7/24/06 7:22 AM, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>>
>>Didn't 27 experiment with some sort of pay-tv system where the
>>signal was scrambled and you needed  a decoder at one point in the
>>mid-late 70s?  If you tried to watch without the decoder you got
>>out-of-sync video, and an audio track that was a pitch for the pay service.
>Yes, as did Boston's Channel 68.  Channel 27 subscribed to a service
>called Preview which signed on at 7 p.m. with movies a la HBO.

I recall late at night Ch 68 had movies you would never see on HBO,
stuff that approached hard-core porn.  Without a box you still had a
pretty good idea of what was going on.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH