MyTV joins MyNetwork

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jul 23 12:43:00 EDT 2006

On 22 Jul 2006 at 22:57, Doug Drown wrote:

> Does anyone know why channel 5 didn't remain a Worcester allotment?
> It has always struck me as odd that the traditionally-second-largest
> city in New England has never had a VHF station that is a major
> network affiliate.  I would have thought that the FCC would especially
> have given consideration to that when it forced the Herald Traveler to
> divest itself of WHDH-TV. -Doug

One of the things emphasized when the WHDH-V license was set aside
was that there would be no interruption of service to the public.  I
can just imagine the public outcry if the Boston area had lost a
station.

And besides, for as long as the channel 5 allocation was in
Worcester, did anyone want to build a station there?

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581