W1XAL shortwave station in Boston

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jul 9 13:04:00 EDT 2006

On 8 Jul 2006 at 22:46, Scott Fybush wrote:

> Here's a website with LOTS of information about W1XAL/WRUL/WNYW/WYFR:
>
> http://www.northernstar.no/wnyw3.htm

That's a great site.  And it also illustrates Donna's point about
info on the Internet not all being accurate.  At the end, there's an
excert and link to a site about WYFR, in which they claim that the
original WRUL included WBOS in Hull, which we know was separate.

I believe the company that started W2XAL, Experimenter Publishing of
New York, was Hugo Gernsback's company.  Gernsback is known as a
pioneer in the field of radio and also in the field of science
fiction publishing.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581