W1XAL shortwave station in Boston

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sat Jul 8 15:38:13 EDT 2006

>>There was another shortwave station that I believe was located in
Boston at one time called WRUL.  I believe it still existed in the
early 1960s.  It eventually was sold and became WNYW -- Radio New
York Worldwide -- and I actually heard it in that incarnation.  I
don't know what happened to it after that.  Can Donna or anyone else
fill us in on that one?<<

Studios were in New York City, transmitter site in Scituate.  I haven't
been down that way in a while, but some of the towers might still be
there.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379