Joe Smith

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Jul 2 12:41:08 EDT 2006

Early this morning, I happened on Rollye James on WPHT (1210 Philadelphia)
doing an interview (apparently live) with long-ago Boston radio personaility
(and not quite so long ago record-company exec) Joe Smith. Among the things
I learned is that Smith is a Yale alum. I gather that Smith is about my age
and is the author of several books about the record business. He sounded
just fine. The two Boston stations that James mentioned as places where
Smith had worked were WMEX and WILD. I don't recall him on WMEX. What years
did he work there? Although I DO remember him on 1260, I don't recall
whether it was WVDA or WEZE at the time. I suspect, however, that Air Trails
bought 1260 (ex WNAC) from Vic Diehm--and changed the calls to WEZE--before
I arrived in Boston around June 1 1956.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367