Frank Fizaris

C G clambreath@hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:55:03 EST 2006

I'm sure the moderator will stop this if it is a dupe.

Portland, Maine broadcasting veteran Frank Fixaris died in a fire today.
Fixaris was the morning man at WJAB, but his sportscasting career in both
radio and TV goes back decades. I can't pretend to know all about Fixaris'
career, but he was the lead sportscaster for may years on WGME-TV Channel
13. Years ago he was a DJ on WLOB.  I'm sure other can contribute a great
deal more than that.

The Portland Press Herald story is here:
http://news.mainetoday.com/stories/060113fixaris.shtml#begin