Talk Shuffle

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Tue Jan 10 20:39:59 EST 2006

I may be a day late, but I noticed this afternoon that Sean Hannity is
now heard in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market on The Zone (96.7//960).
The station has moved Don (they've got that medium market sound down
real well) & Mike Show to delayed to eves.  WVMT (620 Burlington) had
bounced Hannity and brought back Howie Carr to the 3-6 pm slot.

Listening to WVMT's morning show ("Charlie & Ernie ") they were talking
up some negative reax from listeners on the change and were asking them
to "Give Howie a chance, it is what it is" etc.  The end result, IMO, is
a win for The Zone. Don & Mike can't get any worse.  Hannity goes well
with the perennially understated conservative demo in Vermont and
upstate NY. And it looks like the sports team broadcasts that fill up
many eves at the Zone can't be hurt by delayed Don & Mike.

Bill O'Neill