Paul Harvey, Good Bye? Yes.

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 19:15:37 EST 2006

Stupid move (IMHO).  Paul Harvey was one of the only
reasons why I would take my lunch hour and listen to
WBZ during the noon hour, never mind the "Paul Harvey
News and Comment" at 8:37 in the morning and "The Rest
Of The Story" just before 6 in the evening.  Paul
Harvey is a national treasure to be sure.  I hope WTKK
or somebody else in the market could clear Paul's
programming.  It just isn't the same without him.  If
WBZ doesn't clear him, it would seem that his shows
are fair game for anybody who wishes to carry him.
With all due respect...'BZ, you blew it.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

> According to an e-mail from Erin Moran (Office
> Administrator for New & Programming) at WBZ, Paul
> Harvey is syndicated through the ABC Radio Network,
> but when they "re-negotiated" a new agreement with
> ABC, it did not include continuation of Mr. Harvey's
> show.  Even though it's been great to have him all
> these years, they decided to continue with more of
> WBZ's local news format as they do during the rest
> of the day.
>
> And that's the way it is.....
>
> The People Have [been] Spoken [for].

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)