RIP - Curt Gowdy

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 23:57:50 EST 2006

My dad started taking me to several Red Sox games in 1966 when I was 9
years old. However, the Red Sox were horrible and the Baltimore Orioles
were hot. WBAL radio, the Orioles flagship station had a heck of a signal
into Nashua at night and at age 9 I always loved hearing the opening theme
to start the baseball broadcast. It was a kind of lively marching band
type of tune. Because of my radio savvy and listening to WBAL, I missed
Curt Gowdy's last year with the Red Sox.

John B
Derry