RIP - Curt Gowdy

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:59:48 EST 2006

Heard about it this afternoon, and Paul Sullivan of WBZ was just
talking to Dan Roche
who had worked for Gowdy/Bruce Arnold, etc.
Since I was 4 in 1966, I was too young to remember him doing Red Sox
games though I guess whenever the opposing team got their first hit
he'd always say "Well there goes the no-hitter". Howie Carr recalled
him reciting the Hi Neighbor Have A 'Gansett jingle.

I do remember him, IIRC, doing Sat. Afternoon (baseball) Game of the
Week for NBC with
Tony Kubek, and the other sports...heard CG is in the Football, Baseball, AND
Basketball has of fame. Son Trevor was GM for WCCM/WCGY (Dan Roche was
saying) and daughter Cheryl Ann worked as a DJ for WCGY (I think she also
was PD at one point.)