No subject

Keating Willcox kwillcox@wnsh.com
Sat Feb 4 08:46:44 EST 2006

Roger is correct. WNSH was using a great service, WRN, for a
automated and voice tracked music format, and it served us well. But,
when we upgraded to a wireready automation system, it was possible to
to have a music format, even oldies, and our now small signal will
get more done with a talk format. Our morning drive has moderate
liberal news show, then from 9A to 9P the announcers tend to be
conservative, then back to moderate-liberal at night. But remember,
all these guys want liberal callers so that disagreements and
discussion prevail. And within a few weeks our local weekend shows
will all return. I do almost all the programming for the wireready,
so it will take me a week or two to get the bugs out, and get our
signal strength back up. Thanks for your patience. I'd like to thank
my engineer Grag Lynam for his incredible work and skills. We keep
the automation system and transmitter at Endicott, but the main
studio has moved to my premises in Hamilton, MA. I have a long dirt
driveway, and in the mud season, it is almost impassable, so good
luck to the weekend announcers, be sure to bring your boots to work.....

Let me add that the Asher family was an example of the best in radio.
The few times I met Jay, he was always a gentleman. WESX had great
programming, and was a tremendous asset to the community. The
newspaper suggests that he is retiring and we wish all the Ashers the
very best.

Sincerely,

Keating Willcox ~/~

WNSH AM 1570 Beverly