What about the small broadcasters ? (was Re: HD Gets A Boost)

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Feb 2 17:20:17 EST 2006

At 04:32 PM 2/2/2006, Matthew Osborne wrote:

>  Hopefully though, as the greater
>conversion moves along, prices will start to come down
>for IBOC broadcasting equipment in a few years, which
>should help these smaller markets and smaller stations
>convert.

The problem I have with IBOC is that it's (I believe!) a proprietary
system.  That would mean there's not only the equipment costs to
consider, but also the cost of licensing the technology.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH