Globe: At radio deal's end, Sox may be in play

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 09:02:16 EST 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 04:11:02 Bob Nelson wrote:

> I just checked and it looks like their
> affiliate WTMM 1300 out
> of Rensaeleer, NY might reach Bennington in the
> daytime, at least

In all honesty, I would be very surprised if WTMM
makes it that far out, even in the daytime.  I don't
know exactly what their directional pattern is, but
they are still a lower powered station on a graveyard
frequency (AM 1300) that doesn't really get outside
the immediate Albany/Schenectady/Troy area at all,
even in the daytime (At night, of course, you can
completely forget about any coverage for them given
their frequency and power)

>Would think he could pick up WCBS at night...

He definitely should.  I'll bet he just doesn't know
about AM skywave and its really cool features  :)

                                       Matt Osborne
                                       Schenectady, NY