Gary LaPierre Wraps Up 42 Years At WBZ

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Sun Dec 31 09:47:40 EST 2006

Scott Fybush wrote:
> I'm pretty sure we haven't heard the last from "the boy from Shelburne
> Falls" just yet...

I have no doubt that Scott, Donna, and others here with their keen sense
of history will deliver some great material on Gary LaPierre in the
weeks and months ahead. Certainly no look back to Boston radio history
will be complete without a look at LaPierre's impact.

I was also impressed with Gary's work on the TV side. I recall him being
a frequent noon anchor and he did quite well.   I wonder if the Archives
here could find space for a classic rendition of LaPierre reciting
no-school announcements at Warp-4 (unretouched audio, of course!)

Happy New Year to all-a-yiz in BRI land.

Bill O'Neill
I just looked back to the archives and it looks like I've transited the
ten year mark here. Pass the Postum [cough].