Boston radio coverage of Pres. Ford's death

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Dec 27 03:39:42 EST 2006

At 03:13 AM 12/27/2006, Bob Nelson wrote:
>I was listening to WTKK tonight about 11:50 pm ("best of Laura
>Ingraham") when suddenly there was an announcement: a special report
>from CNN. They joined it mid-sentence and the first bit I caught was
>something like "moving from the Vice President's house into the
>White House" and then "...controversial pardon" and I
>knew then that Jerry Ford had passed. About 5 minutes later, WBZ's
>Paul Sullivan mentioned it and I
>believe Steve Leveille did the first couple hours of his show on the subject.

On TV, ABC Nightline broke in, which was easier for them to do given
that they were in news coverage-- CNN did, of course, as did
Fox.  But NBC stayed with Letterman, although they may have put a
crawl on the screen...