Jack Hynes Delivers Harsh Commentary On Last WLVI Produced Newscast

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 21:31:02 EST 2006

  Longtime Boston TV news fixture Jack Hynes delivered an angst-filled
commentary on last night's final WLVI produced "Ten O'Clock News" . Starting
tonight WHDH Channel 7 will produce the 10 PM news airing on Channel 56.

   I watched last night's final broadcast. I thought that Jack Hynes looked
bitter as he vented the frustrations of himself and  the roughly 150 WLVI
staffers sent to the unemployment line a week before Christmas. After some
chatter and thank yous, the final few minutes consisted of video snipets of
the WLVI staffers waving bye to the camera, ending with the lights over the
empty anchor desk slowly fading to black.

   Here's a link to a brief Boston Herald article about Hynes' comments last
night:

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=172808

Mark Watson