How did WMFO get away with that??

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Dec 17 00:51:56 EST 2006

On 16 Dec 2006 at 19:34, Sid Schweiger wrote:

> Oh, but there definitely are sudden inspections.  The FCC may not do
> as many as they did once upon a time, but they still do them, and
> proof can be found in a quick glance at the FCC's web page devoted
> specifically to Enforcement Bureau actions
> (http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/).  These notices cover all the
> areas of FCC concern, but even if you just look at the broadcasting
> ones, you will often see that the violations were discovered during
> routine inspections.

As I recall, when the Republicans took over Congress, there were a
number of members who wanted to abolish the FCC.  They settled for
cutting its budget, so that it didn't have the resources to do
enforcement.  A change in the political climate in Washington may
result in an FCC more interested in making stations operate in the
"public interest," whatever that is assumed to mean.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581