How did WMFO get away with that??

Jeremy Mixer mixer893@yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 10:28:27 EST 2006

--- Hakim Madjid <hmadjid@gmail.com> wrote:

> How did they get away with that, in this era of
> Congressional and FCC
> crackdowns on this sort of thing?

I beleive "safe hours" are between 10 PM and 3 or 4
AM< although most stations have strict policies about
what can and cannot be played whether it is during
safe hours or not. In the past, while filling out
emplyment paperwork, I have had to sign paperwork
promising not to broadcast certain words at any
time.... as always, if company policy is stricter than
the law, you'd be foolish not to follow company policy
if your job meant anything to you.

Also worth pointing out that many radio stations play
songs such as The Who's "Who Are You" and Pearl Jam's
"Jeremy" uncensored....both with one or two very
obvious F-bombs. Like some others pointed out, the FCC
needs to receive enough complaints to really even do
anything about it.

I also had someone tell me a few years back that the
use of the word is what they go after....if the F-bomb
refers to a physical act than it is not allowed,
however if you are saying "What the F___" it
is....although I am not sure about the validity of
that statement. I have never actually seen a specific
FCC rule concerning that but it WOULD make sense in
listening to the context in which you hear the F-word
in recorded songs....very seldom will you hear the
word referring to something that a couple would do....

I'd be interested if anyone did have documentation
that stated that specifically.

Jeremy