Coverage - 99.5 vs. 102.5 which is "better"?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Mon Dec 4 15:45:00 EST 2006

No, the "other station" to which I referred was WBOS 92.9 when its MAIN
transmitter utilized the Route 128 tower.  I'm quite sure it ran 8,800 watts
from the antenna located on the pole above the tower structure.  That figure
sticks in my memory bank because I recall being a bit surprised that WCRB's
CP after they were banished from the WBZ-TV tower called for 8,100 watts.
I surmised it was due to the 102.3 unbuilt CP in Truro, ALTHOUGH
WBCN was operating with a full-power non-directional antenna atop the
Pru while WOCN-FM 103.9 was also on-the-air from a tower in Harwich!
I believe, for some reason, WJMN has even more power higher up according to
fcc.gov:  9,200 watts at 353 meters.  And since a year ago October,
one antenna on the pole no longer exists...but the FCC's website
still lists facilities as if it did.  Then again, it lists WSMN-AM 1590
as 5,000 watts DA-1.  Go figure.

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com