Herald: HD Radio Hot, Actual shows are not

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 14:09:45 EDT 2006

On 8/28/06, Laurence Glavin <lglavin@mail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Good question! And assuming that this article was written over the
past couple days,
the "Friday night" game he refers to started at 10 pm. Now, you could
assume that maybe WEEI does broadcast in HD after all, but they'd have
to shut it off at sunset, and a Red
Sox game might begin before sunset (7:05 pm, though sunsets are getting much
earlier now)...and maybe he refers to a game from the previous Friday.
But I have yet to hear of WEEI boasting about having an HD quality
signal! Unless he was listening to WEEI-FM out of RI instead (do THEY
have HD signal?)...or WBOQ (I doubt
it...) and thought he was tuned to 850!