KZLA Gets 'Movin'" With Dees

Don A. Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 16:02:12 EDT 2006

Gee, I wonder if this is considered a cut in pay...?  ;-)

I can't assume that he will ever get the same audience he did on KIIS in LA.

But then again, new format launches sometimes make a splash when the come
out of the gate.

I'm sure he'd love to put a dent in Seacrest's show.

Don

This morning Emmis detonated Country on KZLA/Los Angeles and installed
consultant Alan Burns' Rhythmic AC format known as "Movin'" in its place.
Market legend Rick Dees signs on to do mornings on the new station, which is
calling itself "Movin' 93.9, The Mix That Makes You Move." It's Dees'
triumphant return to the Los Angeles airwaves, following his March 2004 exit
from mornings at crosstown KIIS, where he ruled for more than 20 years.