Hippo Press (NH Weekly Newpaper) Guide to local radio

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:37:12 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Bolduc"
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Hippo Press (NH Weekly Newpaper) Guide to local radio
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:07:54 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.hippopress.com/060810/cover.html

The Hippo Press has as their cover story this week a Guide to Local Radio.

My review:

Fair to yuk!

John B
Derry NH

A few strange ommissions:
on FM, no listing for WMKK 93.7 and WCRB 102.5 (no I didn't help edit the piece);
on AM, WCAP 980 Lowell not included, but they DID include WBIX! Duh.

This is news to me..."all radio stations announce their call letters five minutes before
and five minutes after the hour".

WNNW-AM 800 bills itself as Boston's only Hispanic radio station?
Even with it new daytime power, there must several parts of the rapidly
depopulating Hub that can't get it...and between them, WRCA and
WUNR appear to provide full-time programming en Espanol (maybe
other languages on weekends).

WMJX-FM ranked 15th in Boston?  Don't let Don Kelley see it...
est probably didn't prepare him for that!