WMTW and WABI

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Wed Aug 16 12:30:34 EDT 2006

I've noticed lately that WABI-TV (Channel 5 Bangor), our local CBS
affiliate, has begun using southern Maine news actualities from WMTW
(Channel 8), the ABC affiliate in Portland.  Prior to this summer, WABI had
always picked up actualities from fellow-CBS affiliate WGME (Channel 13).
It was a practice that went back years and years.  Does anyone know why the
change has occurred?  It seems odd to me that a CBS station would be picking
up news from an ABC affiliate when there's a competing CBS affiliate in the
same market.

-Doug