WBUR HD2, put the student station (WTBU) on the HD2 (was Re: WBUR on HD ???)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 10:04:32 EDT 2006

Here's a thought. Put the carrier current (leaky coax
FM) student run WTBU on the HD2 channel.  Originally,
WBUR-FM was a predominantly student run/community
based radio station until 1971 when the administration
dumped most, if not all, student produced programming.
 The AM carrier current station was to be the "carrot"
for the students as a consolation prize.  (wow!) Going
from 20,000 watts in Stereo to a carrier current AM
that never covered the campus.  WBUR went "public", in
the usual NPR way. No doubt, WBUR is well respected
quality news and information station.  But, a major
university with a high powered FM signal could expand
it's community/student service and put the student
station on the HD2.  Any thoughts?