Saturday Night Sock Hop returns to WCAP

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Apr 22 14:29:25 EDT 2006

  Gary Francis wrote:

> Saturday Night Sock Hop returns to WCAP for a limited 7-week engagement
> (end
> of Hockey season til the Lowell Spinners baseball season starts).
>
> First show is tonight 7 - 10pm - live from Gary's Ice Cream & Café on
> Merrimack Street in downtown Lowell.

    And may I add (with no offense meant towards Maurice Cohen, WCAP owner),
a much better choice to fill 3 hours of prime Saturday night airtime than
another airing of "The Best of Dr. Joy Browne". I'll be stopping by tonight,
looking forward to hearing the "correct" single versions of "Time Is On My
Side" by the Rolling Stones (organ intro, as opposed to the LP stereo
version that Oldies 103.3 beats into the ground) and "Leaning On The Lamp
Post" by Herman's Hermits. (has that ever been played on Oldies 103.3)?

Mark Watson

Mark Watson